Couples who are experiencing high levels of anxiety due to involvement in fertility treatments may want to explore the benefits of hypnosis for coping and reducing stress. I've found a short article on Psychology Today that brings some insight on the subject that I think some people may find helpful.
Benefits of Using Hypnosis During Fertility Treatments
Below are a dozen reasons for you to investigate this approach:
1. Hypnosis at the time of embryo transfer yielded pregnancy rates that were double those of the controls. (Eliahu Levitas, et al., “Impact of Hypnosis during Embryo Transfer on the Outcome of In Vitro Fertilization—Embryo Transfer: A Case-control Study,” Fertility & Sterility, 85 – 5 (2006): 1404 – 1408.
2. Hypnosis can be an ultimate mind/body awareness activity and can reaffirm your femininity.
3. Hypnosis or self-hypnosis allows you to feel back in control because of your active participation.
4. Post-hypnotic suggestions can enhance receptivity.
5. Hypnosis can take you under the turbulence to an “infertility-free zone.”
6. Hypnosis can support medical treatment, holistic care and even natural conception.
7. Hypnosis is relaxing.
8. Hypnosis can calm fears.
9. Hypnosis can heal heart ache.
10. Hypnosis can become a safe haven which is renewing and revitalizing.
11. Hypnosis can help you remember who you really are.
12. A hypnotic trance can convert stumbling blocks into building blocks for navigating the emotional rubble created during the journey.
All of the above reasons for trying hypnosis during fertility treatments also apply to many other kinds of stressful situations. To learn more see our home page on Covert Hypnosis.